Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2009

I love making Valentines! The more glitter & bling the better the card! I enjoy working with all the color families but I do tend to gravitate toward the pastels. This is one of my favorite color combos, pink pirouette and bashful blue. I used lots of dazzling diamonds glitter attached with my 2-way glue pen. When putting glitter on a card I usually use a 2 way glue pen because it dries fast. I have used the tombow liquid glue but it is thicker & takes longer to dry. The background paper has been sponged with bashful blue & pink pirouette. You can't really see it in the photo but I stamped along the edges of the background paper with a heart stamp inked with white craft ink. This is a stamp set from the Holiday Mini catalog called Love Owl-Ways. Unfortunately it did not make it into the new catalog but maybe it will the next one. And it doesn't really matter because I like it so I intend to use it anyway!!!

The flowers were punched with the Boho Blossoms punch, I traced around the top note with a white gel pen and added a little pink grosgrain at the top. Yeah, yeah, yeah the ribbon is pretty in pink and the paper is pink piourette-I think they go to together just fine!!

5 comments:

Becky said...

What a beauty.

Teresa Kline said...

adorable...luv the glitz! *~*

Anonymous said...

Darling card. Love the sparkle.

Sharon Graham said...

Love all the bling on this card. I dunno, mixing pink pirouette and pretty in pink is awfully daring! Nah, just kidding, it looks great.

trisha too said...

it's true--Rhonda always has glitter somewhere on her person!!

;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails