Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2009


I am such a sucker for "cute" sets like the Sock Monkey and this one, Just Buzzin By. This set is in the new SU catalog which is awesome by the way! Many people have expressed a concern over these bees with faces but they remind me of the photos that Anne Geddes takes of babies in different costumes.
This set works well with paper piecing-the pieces are fairly large so it is not hard to do. Thanks to Lisa T. I know now to put the glue on the larger piece. You know it is really nice that others share these little tidbits of wisdom! Whenever I read or hear helps like this I just want to do the V-8 thunk on my forehead!!

The "hello" stamp I had in my stash of words, I am not sure from what SU set it is. The flowers are cut with the Big Shot using the SU sizzlet die. I really like this sizzlet die set. The DP is from the Sale-A-Bration catalog that starts Feb. 1. It is one of the free items you can receive with every $50 purchase.The colors in this paper are so easy work with and great for spring.The colors are: so saffron, bashful blue, certainly celery, and sahara sand. .

A word of caution or from the ask me how I know dept. , always place a piece of paper large enough to cover the entire sizzlet or the marks from your cutting plates will indent on the sizzlets. This doesn't seem to happen on the regular dies, only the sizzlets. Another thing I learned is that sometimes the cutting marks from the cutting plates will indent on thinner scrapbooking or SU Designer Paper when using the sizzlets. To avoid this happening just place a piece of scrap paper between the DP and the cutting plate.
Enjoy the long weekend and create something!

3 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

Darling card, Rhonda! Those bees are stinkin' cute!

trisha too said...

why, oh why, are you not playing along with the OWOH???

you USUALLY play well with others.

;)

very cute bees--but they do NOT beat the monkey!

Anonymous said...

The bees knees! Great way to show off the DSP.

Related Posts with Thumbnails