Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Saying Goodbye to Mr. Sock Monkey!


Mr. Sock Monkey is one of the Stampin' Up!™ stamp sets that will be retiring at the end of this month. This is one of my favorite cute sets! There are many out there that will be glad to see him go; believe it or not they call him creepy! Sorry, just not seeing any creepiness LOL! I mean really, just look at that face! Anyway, retired or not I intend to keep this set and use it!
I paper pieced the monkey using some retired Stampin' Up! DSP from my stash of scraps. I first stamped him on the Sahara Sand DSP and then on Riding Hood Red DSP. I cut out the red pieces and glued them on the Sahara Sand monkey using Tombow™ Liquid Glue. When you paper piece it is usually easier to place the glue on the larger piece and then place the smaller piece onto the glue. Cheers to you Mr. Sock Monkey, retired or not, you are loved!

5 comments:

Donna Heber said...

Rhonda,

Your sock monkey card is cute. I don't think he is creepy at all. Your balloons are great!

Becky said...

Cute card, great paper piecing.

Pam~ said...

I'm a monkey lover and loved this set. Reminds me of my grandmother who made me a sock monkey! Your card is adorable, Rhonda!

The Mama Monkey said...

ROTFL! How could a pink sock monkey be creepy??!! Of course, I do have a thing for monkeys...

Great card!

gale said...

Not creepy! I love sock monkeys.

Related Posts with Thumbnails