Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Fabulous Rich Razzleberry!


The first stamp set I bought from Stampin' Up!™ was a flower set. (And I still have it.) I had never rubber stamped before and I had absolutely NO card making supplies. I used my kids' Crayola markers to color the stamps and I used construction paper (gasp!). Now I have many flower sets including this one called Fabulous Florets from Stampin' Up! and "real" markers and stamp pads and punches and... As they say, "You've come a long way baby!"
I used Rich Razzleberry and Regal Rose classic ink for the flowers. The Designer Series Paper is Old Olive from the Brights paper stack. The strip of Rich Razzleberry was embossed with the Finial Press embossing folder. The eyelet border was made with the Eyelet Border punch.
Here is a tip to make sure your solid image rubber stamps give a clean image. When you first get your stamps lightly sand them with a sanding block and clean them well. This will take off the chemical agent used on rubber stamps so they release from the molds.

6 comments:

Pam~ said...

Love these colors together ... gorgeous card! Your post was quite funny too ... construction paper. I too used Crayola markers first ... hey, it worked.

Becky said...

Gorgeous card, Beautiful colors and those pearls give a nice touch.

The Mama Monkey said...

This is one of my favorite color combos! I love it!

We are on vacation right now; sorry I have not commented as usual. Internet has been sparse and we are BUSY having FUN! :)

Donna Heber said...

Hi Rhonda,

Stunning card! I love those layered scalloped edges and gorgeous blossoms. The pearls look beautiful in the center.

gale said...

gorgeous! Love those colors together.

Lois said...

Love all the colors. Pretty card. TFS

Related Posts with Thumbnails