Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Paper Flowers

I simply love all these paper flowers everyone is making. I followed the directions from Monica Gale's video here.
Basically you punch 6-8 scallop circles using the Scallop Circle punch, cut between the scallops to make petals, wet them & scrunch them, put a brad in the center of the stack and adjust the layers until it looks like a flower.
On this card I used Basic Gray and Pretty in Pink card stock and DSP from an old hostess paper pack. The only stamping is the sentiment which is from the Well Scripted stamp set. When the card was finished I saturated it with some Shimmer Spray (made with rubbing alcohol and Shimmer paint). Even the ribbon is shimmery! Why doesn't glitter or shimmery stuff photograph well? You will just have to take my word for it IRL the card is verrry shimmery!

P.S. I have a new coffee pot and all the snow is melted!!!!!!! Life is good!

Isn't there a country song that says "The secret to life is a good pot of coffee"? Well it isn't the secret to life but my needs are simple and a good pot of coffee is one of them.



3 comments:

Corie said...

So pretty and elegant -- love your flower!!

Shari Nelson said...

Hi Rhonda, I like this flower card! I haven't made any of these yet, I've been busy with other things! I am getting back into it though. Thanks for the directions. Don't you just love the pink and gray combo? I do! Lovely!

Lois said...

Cute cute cute!!! Love the color combo too. TFS

Related Posts with Thumbnails