Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Masculine cards-no glitter!

Whew!!!! Big sigh of relief!!! I just packaged 273 handmade cards (yes I counted them!) to be sold at the Apple Festival, a fundraiser for a local Children's Home. I usually make more but I suppose it is a sign that I had a busy year!! I start on next year's cards pretty much the day after I finish this year's. Most of the time they sell out. I had some help this year from some lovely ladies at church and the teenage girls in my missions class. I love making them but I am glad when they are packaged and ready to go.
These are a couple of cards I made a little while ago but haven't posted. I was trying to make some masculine cards. I really struggle with these because I just can't put any bling on them. I mean what is it with guys and glitter???? These are two great stamp sets and not expensive, Trendy Trees and Forest Friends. I love that little owl and I really need to use him more! I believe the second card was a CASE (Create & Share Everything) of someone's but as usual I cannot remember whose! I am playing with my new toys, shimmer paint, treat cups and some new stamp sets so hopefully I will have some new stuff to share.

3 comments:

Monica Gale said...

Blimey that's alot of cards. Love your trendy trees with the tag punches, i might borrow that idea. M xx

Holly said...

Your guy cards turned out great--I just love that swirl stamp from Trendy Trees!

Hope your cards once again are the hit of the Apple Festival! What a great way to use your talent. . . .

Lois said...

Wow !!! that's alot of cards. I hope you sell out again. Your cards are really cool.

Related Posts with Thumbnails