Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I am trying to step outside my comfort zone and create more artsy cards instead of my usual cutesy. I was inspired by a card made by Michelle Zindorf. Her cards are works of art. I started with soft sky cardstock and stamped the images in versamark and then classic chocolate chip. Then I embossed with clear EP. The swirl was stamped in versamark and then classic soft sky and embossed with clear EP. I learned from Michelle that when you layer embossed images you start with the image that is the outermost and the one in the background is stamped & embossed last. I sponged chocolate chip around the edges (if I did this again I would use less cc sponging), layered the center piece on cc, ticket punched, added brads and put dimensionals under it.

4 comments:

katiesniche said...

I like your color choices. And the embossing is really nice. You are picking up tips from one of the best :)

Lori Barnett said...

How funny...I usually do the cute stuff too. I should try a little of what you did. Your card is beautiful.

Jess said...

I love it! It's so hard to step out of your comfort zone, and I need to try that too...

Lizette said...

Beautiful card ! I like the colours.
I really should try and get out of my comfort zone too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails