Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Here is my first attempt at making an altered tin. Can you say "how many things can you do wrong in one project" five times fast? First of all I never found my brand new jar of mod podge that I know I have somewhere in my basement; so I bought another. I was so slow getting my paper on the tin that the mod podge was almost dry before I got the paper smoothed. Of course the directions said ," make sure to get out all the bubbles and wrinkles." Did I mention that I was so slow my glue was almost dry when I went to put on the paper? So I decide to use my bone folder to get out the wrinkles-the paper rips! Still I figure I can cover them up with ribbon and extra embellishments. I put my letters on the front and notice, I HAVE USED THE WRONG COLOR TO MAKE MY SCALLOPS!!! Of course when I take them off my paper RIPS again!! But it is done and most of the rips are covered and the imperfections are because it is "HANDMADE." Just don't look too closely!!

3 comments:

Judi Harvey said...

Rhonda, it still turned out very nice! I haven't atempted one of these yet...gonna have to try it soon!

JAR said...

This is just darling! I think it turned out beautifully!! I am glad you liked the "Name the Color" widget! It's harder than I thought!

Belas Creating Place said...

Very nice...I like all of your creations.....great work here on your blog.
Bela

Related Posts with Thumbnails