Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Emerging Color


I believe this technique is called emerging color. It is very easy to do. Simply stamp any design (I used the Medallion stamp) with Versamark™ on a piece of DSP and emboss with clear embossing powder. Then brayer a dark color of ink (I used Elegant Eggplant) over the entire paper. Wipe off the excess ink on the embossed image and TaDa! Instead of using DSP you could stamp, sponge, swipe ink on a piece of paper to make a background piece and emboss an image over that. Just make sure your background piece is completely dry before you emboss or embossing powder will stick everywhere (yes I know this from experience!).












3 comments:

Lois said...

Very pretty...never heard of this techinque. I'll have to give it a try. TFS Rhonda

Jacquel said...

Wow! This looks like an awesome technique Rhonda...I'm going to have to try it out @ this month's technique night....tfs!!!
Hugs,
Jackie

Stephanie said...

This is a great card (even though mine didn't turn out right)! I'd like to try this again using Rich Razzleberry (a good ink pad color, BTW).

See you soon,
Stephanie

Related Posts with Thumbnails