Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

Big Shot Happy Dance


Still feelin' the Big Shot love!!! I am always happy when something I have spent a substantial amount of money on gets used frequently. The flowers are cut with the Big Shot Die Flower Layers #2 and I sponged a little Close to Cocoa ink around the edges. The Kraft piece was run through the Big Shot with the texturz plate and then I just rubbed the Close to Cocoa ink pad over the top. The sentiment is from the SU Level 2 Hostess set A Little Somethin'. The card base is Cameo Coral.

Cameo Coral was one of my favorite colors when I first started stamping. I liked it so much that I purchased a full pack of it; before that I usually just bought the ass't packs. I think one of the biggest mistakes I made when I first started cardmaking was not to use good quality card stock. It does make a difference! I could never figure out why my cards I made at home never quite looked as good as the ones we made at stamp club (this was before I was a demonstrator). Of course, I didn't have all the tools I have now either and I was definitely a true beginner; however, using good card stock improves the look of your cards greatly .

6 comments:

Jacquel said...

I love your card...I'm having second thoughts about that die now! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Dana Hatch said...

This is so nice. I like the jumbo brad in the center of the flower and the inked texture plates!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhonda,

Very lovely! Love the BIG brad!

TFS! Rosa

Elizabeth said...

Great project - love the flower layers and the colors are great.

Theresa Momber said...

Beautiful, Rhonda! I love the torn paper and the wide satin ribbon.

Kathleen said...

I am glad to hear I am not the only one putting the BS to work. I am going to have some good arm muscles by summer. :~) I really like how you made this card. Everything about is perfect. TFS

Related Posts with Thumbnails