Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Flower Pot Card


I decided to make one of these "flower pot" cards after seeing so many beautiful ones posted. I had a hard time making the slant of the pot. I had great directions from Stephanie to follow but I kept doing something wrong. I kept making the bottom of the pot too small. Finally I went back to the "old fashioned" way of making something fit and made a couple of pencil marks and just cut. Sometimes the "old" ways work best. I am still loving this Parisian Breeze paper. The colors in this paper are so soft and easy to work with. Baja Breeze is one of those colors that must be paired with something else to be appreciated. I used my Big Shot to cut out the flowers. The ribbon is the lovely White Organza that I hope comes in many different colors in the next catalog! I am not sure I really like the brown flower, which is why I put it in the back. I am getting some of my challenges done-but I am still behind-oh well! I just need to take photos and post.

12 comments:

Shari Nelson said...

Very nicely done Rhonda! I have been wanting to make one of these too. I too love the Parisian paper. The flower pot looks great. The ribbon is beautiful also. Love it.

Contessa Kris said...

Oh what an adorable little pot of flowers! Will we be making this in club? I love it.

I found some wings you might like to make if you have a Stampi Up wing stamp:
http://lisatutmanoglesby.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/04/its-all-in-the.html

Theresa Momber said...

Love your flower pot card, Rhonda! Gorgeous paper flowers!

Rose said...

I love this Rhonda! Such pretty colors and so clever!

Rose

Renee said...

This is the cutest little flower pot! This in on my "to make list" but have never gotten there. You did a fab job :)

Kathleen said...

Your flower pot is great. I keep putting off making one, because I am bad with non tradional shapes. The directions you have look pretty good. I might just have to try it.

Anonymous said...

Rhonda,

What a cute interactive card! TFS! Rosa

Jacquel said...

Hi Rhonda!
Love your card and those pretty flowers!!!

I wanted to let you know that my blog feed was all messed up! You'll have to re-link or re-subscribe to my blog for my updated posts. I know this is a hassle and I do apologize!!!

Lynzart said...

That is so cute. Any Mom would be thrilled to get that card.

trisha too said...

this card is extra cute.

did you see on that project i posted, i actually used the roller stamp???

you should be proud of your positive roller influence!

Vicki Burdick said...

so cute, Love it!!!

Elizabeth said...

Love this card - the designer papers you used are gorgeous.

Related Posts with Thumbnails