Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Quilted Top Note


This was such a fun card to make and a great way to use up those scraps of DSP or even retired DSP. I followed the directions on the Stampin' Addicts Forum. Click here for complete instructions. The instructions use the 1 1/4" square punch which I do not own so I used the 1 3/8" square punch. I used the liquid Tombow glue so I would not have tape stuck on my Top Note Die. The stitches were made with SU Chocolate Chip marker and it did smear some. I would reccommend using a Sharpie or a Stampin' Write Journaler . The paper is retired Cutie Pie SU DSP. The embossing is a Cuttlebug folder I ran through my Big Shot.

I have to tell my mistakes as well as my successes here-you know keeping it real as they say. If you look closely (clicked on the photo didn't you?) you will see some stray purple (Elegant Eggplant to be exact) marks on the quilted Top Note. Want to know how they got there? I had just embossed a piece of Vellum that I had inked with Elegant Eggplant and apparently it was not completely dry when I ran it through the Big Shot. So now my quilt is "distressed" with Elegant Eggplant.

6 comments:

Rose said...

This is so neat Rhonda!

Rose

Jacquel said...

This is beautiful! I've never tried one of these but will have to give it a go! tfs!!!

Contessa Kris said...

That is such an adorable card! Did I see that at club? Love it.

Shari Nelson said...

Nice idea! I love quilts and rubberstamping.

trisha too said...

this card is fantastic, i love the quiltedness.

Lisa Trombitas - www.stampwithlisat.com said...

Rhonda - you're too funny! I decided last night that I had to jump on the quilted Top Note bandwagon and make one of these. Haven't done it yet, but it's on the list! And I used Cutie Pie paper last night - it's almost all gone. Takes a lot of cards to completely use up a pack of that DSP, doesn't it! Had fun looking around at all of your creations!

Related Posts with Thumbnails