Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Bright Delicate Doilies

     I just gotta say the weather here in Kansas City has been awesome the past couple of days. It has been in the 60's two days in a row. I went outside and trimmed some bushes! I know it is January and it can't last but it was nice!!!!

These remind me of the scribble pictures I would make as a kid. I would take a black crayon and draw a loopy line all over the page and then color in all the spaces. How about you? Ever make one of those? 




I used Stampin' Write markers to color in the doilies after stamping them with Stazon™ Jet Black. It is hard to tell in the photo but those are rhinestones on the doily. I used the Large Lace Ribbon border punch for the Basic Black strip.


 


8 comments:

Donna Heber said...

Your birthday card reminds me of a kaleidoscope with all those pretty colors. I like how you added the ribbon over the lace ribbon punch. We are suppose to be 50 degrees today - I can't wait. Enjoy your beautiful weather too Rhonda.

cakhuxel said...

I linked over to your blog from the "security verification" conversation at Splitcoast Stampers. Very glad I did- this blue birthday card has the nicest color palette! Is that a Stampin' Up die you used to cut it out? Please tell me you didn't cut it by hand....
-c

Becky said...

Beautiful card, I love the flower.

MiamiKel said...

Yay for nice weather! This is just beautiful - such rich, vibrant colors and a great design!

Cheryl said...

So bright and cheery!

Rhonda Langley said...

c-Thanks for your visit! And yes I did cut those out by hand. I actually like "fussy" cutting...

cakhuxel said...

Wow. well good to know, because I've been making myself crazy pawing through the Stampin' Up catalog looking for that die! Crack myself up! Thanks very much.
-c

gale said...

Gorgeous!! I have seen those kinds of coloring pages you're talking about and have always wanted to try one. Love the card.

Related Posts with Thumbnails