Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

Glass Tile Rub On Necklace

This is a great project I learned at my upline's upline Debbie Menez. They are quick and very inexpensive to make.

They are made using glass tile found at a home improvement store, rubons, heavy duty glue (I used E-6000), jewelery spacers and ribbon or elastic cord. You could also put these on a chain. The tile comes in different colors and different thickness. I liked the shades of grey and black because most of my rubons are black & white. However, the one I made at Debbi's was with earth tone tile and I used an Old Olive rubon.

Here is a close-up of the jewelery spacers we used. We took one of the split rings off using needle nose pliers.


This is a photo of the back of the tile. The white paper backing comes already on the tile.


Here are a couple of different ones I made! One of my friends is making these to give as gifts and she said she put a coat of clear nail polish on top to seal them.

Put these in a fancy box and voila! Great gift!

5 comments:

Jackie said...

This is gorgeous Rhonda! Nice job...tfs!!!

Rosa Youschak said...

What an excellent idea! Thank you so much for sharing!

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for Nov. 5. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/

Shari Nelson said...

These are really interesting. I like them but I wonder how heavy they are. I need to check out my local hardware/flooring store don't I? Thanks again for the idea!

Lisa Trombitas - www.stampwithlisat.com said...

How fun and easy! Love these!

Related Posts with Thumbnails