Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2008

One of my friend's DD, Alex, came up with this idea for the center of this card. She took two scallop edge medallions and tucked the corners together. You can see how to make these medallions here on SCS. The rest of the card is pretty simple. I used not quite navy to sponge & stamp around the edge of the card and the scallop flower. The piece of natural white in the center was sponged with riding hood red and baja breeze.

I don't use a stamp a ma jig because I have no patience. However looks like my vine is a little off on the right. Oh well, it is handmade and slight imperfections are to be expected-right?

Stamps: Fresh Cuts
Paper: baja breeze, riding hood red, naturals white
Ink: baja breeze, riding hood red, not quite navy

3 comments:

Lisa Trombitas - www.stampwithlisat.com said...

Hi Rhonda! Thanks for the link to SCS - I've seen these medallions, and knew I could figure it out, just didn't feel like sitting down and measuring/wasting paper. You saved me a headache!

Great idea for layering/tucking the medallions like this!

Happy Stamping!

trisha too said...

very cute, but count me out--

you know i'm roller thingy
challenged!!
;)

Contessa Kris said...

*snort* Roller challenged. Trisha is a dweeb. I think you should make her roll something at club. lol I love this card and especially the scallop thingies put together.

Related Posts with Thumbnails