Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Wild Wasabi and Melon Mambo Flowers

I for one am glad that our recent heat wave has ended! I am finally able to relax again on my deck without suffocating or falling over with heat exhaustion! I love sitting out on my deck in the evening but until recently it was too hot even at night!

Initially the embossed panel was going to be larger but I accidentally forgot to heat emboss a couple of the flowers and then rubbed over them with my fingers and got embossing powder over that section of the paper. Yeah, it was a mess and I had to cut most of the bottom off. But at least I didn't get mad and throw it away! The flowers and leaves were heat embossed using Wild Wasabi and Melon Mambo embossing powders from Stampin' Up!™
Remember heat embossing is magic!!

7 comments:

trisha too said...

Oh yes, this weather is SUCH a relief!!

Great card, Rhonda--I really like that color combo!

:)

KER said...

pretty...love these two colors together

Diane Clark-Sutton said...

Love your card. This one my favorite color combos for summer.

Pam~ said...

I just love Melon Mambo ... so vibrant! Your flowers are beautiful! That is the good thing about stamping, you can make a mistake but your card can still be salvaged and pretty!

Donna Heber said...

Rhonda,

This is a fabulous color combo. Something I need to work on. The rhinestones are such a wonderful accent.

gale said...

What a pretty card. I'm with you-I'm over the super hot weather. Don't want it cold either though...

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh my gosh, I love this color combo! I never would have thought of it either! Great card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails